Monday, September 28, 2009

Up next...The Avengers vs. The X-Men!

It's time for another random book to review, but before we do that let's inaugurate a new feature here at Random Longbox.

One of the side effects of my day job is that I do a fair amount of traveling. While on the road, I have on occasion caught a few sights that are tangentially related to the world of comic books.

So without further ado, let's play "What did TomO see on the road today?"

The rules are easy...I'll give you three choices, two I made up and one that I actually saw. Using your keen powers of deduction, guess which one is the real one. Post your answer in the comments section and check back tomorrow to see if you were right. If everything worked out correctly, you'll be basking in the adulation of fellow comic fans in no time.

All set? Then let's get started.

Which one of these street signs did I actually see?

1) Jim Lee Blvd.

2) Inhumans X-Ing

3) Batman St.

Too easy? Too hard? I guess we'll find out tomorrow. In the meantime, let's get the Randomizer fired up for the next pick...

...and that pick is The X-Men vs. The Avengers #2 from May 1987, published by Marvel Comics!

Wow, that's a really ugly cover. I never really cared for the red and purple color combination for Magneto, but throw in some yellow and it's downright ghastly.

But hey! It's got mohawk Storm on the cover, so all is right with the world.

See you in a day or two for the review, and tomorrow for the answer to our debut installment of "What did TomO see on the road today?"

1 comment:

  1. As much as I want #2 to be true, I'm going to go with #1. I can imagine some city councilman somewhere honoring Jim Lee that way.

    ReplyDelete