Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Up next...Valor!

So it's been a busy week for the secret identity over here at RL headquarters, but that's no excuse for slacking and depriving you of the entertainment of random retro reviews.

You see, that's the problem with secret identities...they're always getting in the way of super-heroing, or in my case, blogging.

I honestly don't know how Clark Kent does it? Bruce Wayne I can understand, living the life of leisure while independently wealthy obviously allows for plenty of time jumping around rooftops.

Although I should know better than to question Superman's abilities.


There he is spotting a hijack attempt during a live news telecast.

So what does he do? He stops it all during the commercial break!


Apparently I have alot to learn from Superman about dedication to one's ideals and goals!

So let's blow the cobwebs from around the Randomizer and get on with the next pick.


...and the next pick is Valor #11 from September 1993, published by DC Comics!

And talk about blowing the cobwebs off of things, this book is from one of the dustier longboxes. I had forgotten all about this series. I remember enjoying it, but ask me anything that happened and all I'd be able to give you is a good shrug of my shoulders.

I remember the basic setup that post-Crisis, the Legion was left without it's inspiration since Superboy had know ceased to exist. Somewhere along the way it was decided that Valor would be the teenager that was the hero that set the Legion on their way. If I remember correctly, this title would tell the stories of his exploits in the 21st century. I'm sure I'm probably only remembering half of the story, and the half I do remember is more than likely wrong.

This was an odd title for me to buy every issue of, as I had no real previous fondness for the Legion or Superboy. Somehow though, I ended up getting every issue. Something about it must have clicked with me at the time.

Before we start reading to see exactly what that was, let's take a moment to enjoy the cover by Jason Pearson. Here's another artist who doesn't do near enough interior work. What do we get...about one issue every few years? Don't get me wrong, I'll take anything I can get. I just wish he would draw some more.

See you in a day or so for the review.

No comments:

Post a Comment