Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Forgotten Series

So I'm just about done with my review of The Spectre (vol. 3) #2, but while we wait I wanted to flag a couple of titles that I noticed in the house ads of this issue. I've been collecting comics for a while now, but I had no idea these series ever existed.


The first one I'm completely ignorant about is World's Finest, a mini-series from 1990.

Dave Gibbons writing! Steve Rude drawing! Karl Kesel inking!

Where was I when this thing came out?

Probably elbow deep in X-Titles, but still...that's no excuse to not now about this creative team on a Superman/Batman title.


The second title that surprised me was a Black Canary ongoing. I knew that she had had a mini-series sometime in the past, but I never knew she actually had an ongoing for a time. Granted, it only ran for 12 issues before it got cancelled, but that's still pretty impressive.

I have no idea who anyone in the creative team is...Sarah Byam? Trevor Von Eeden?

Well actually, Trevor Von Eeden sounds vaguely familiar, but I can't place the title that I would have known him from.

So were either of these titles any good? Should I go back-issue hunting, or just let sleeping dogs lie?

No comments:

Post a Comment