Monday, November 30, 2009

Beware of teh Fury

So I was reading through the issue of The Fury of Firestorm that I have to review, and noticed something particularly odd.

There's no actual Fury to be found!

Here's the best example that I could find in the whole issue, but let me set the scene first.

Ronnie Raymond (a.k.a. Firestorm, The Nuclear Man) is talking to someone who had their work ruined in the course of Firestorm saving the city a couple of issues back.

Look at all those BOLD words! There's someone who has such hatred for vigilantes that she's not willing to give Firestorm a fair shake. I mean, c'mon...give him a break. He saved the whole city, after all. If a few computer programs get erased in the process, I'd consider yourself lucky. Maybe you should just use this as a learning experience about backing up your work off-site.

There will be no mercy here, as she threatens to ruin him for good! Emphasizing her point with a balled-up fist, no less.

So what impassioned defense does Ronnie give? How quickly does he unleash the FURY?

Whoa? Really? Not even an exclamation point?

Maybe this is an off issue, but when you're most furious moment in the book can be summarized by quoting Joey Lawrence's catchphrase verbatim, I think it may be time to look at retitling your book.

Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks so either, as this issue's letter column will attest. Take it away Daniel...

And what does editorial have to say for themselves?

Really? Legal red tape? That's what you're going with?

I wouldn't let Firestorm know you're hiding behind a bunch of lawyers, after all...you wouldn't want him to unleash teh Fury on ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment