Sunday, January 31, 2010

Odds and sods and Ennis, oh my!

While I'm getting back into the swing of things, let's take a quick tour through some comic miscellany from the last week.

  • As much as people bitch about gratuitous guest stars and useless Wolverine appearances to boost sales (although I guess Deadpool is the new century's Wolverine), I think I'm now a convert.

    I have a Wolverine review and traffic on my sight jumps 33%. Now if only the Randomizer would pick one of the kick-ass Joe Kelly/Ed McGuinness issues of Deadpool, I'd be all set. I'm crossing my fingers that it'll be this issue.


  • The Mass Effect 2 ads are really stunning and quite well done, but I'm ready to read a comic book without having to be startled every other time I turn the page.


  • Could the Beast be back in the Avengers?

    This better not be Marvel fucking with me...or I'm coming up swinging!

    It's about damn time we get the Beast back where he belongs.


  • Only one more post to go and I can get that creepy looking cover by John Bolton off of the main page of this blog.
So that's about all, as far as miscellaneous comic book thoughts go. We still have some business at hand, however, and that's picking the next completely random book to review. Take it away Randomizer...

...and that book is Hitman/Lobo: That Stupid Bastich! #1 from September 2000, published by DC Comics!

Aw, hell yeah! It's time for some more Hitman goodness. I could live without reading another Lobo story, but I'll definitely make an exception if Garth Ennis and Hitman are involved!

Throw in Doug Mahnke on pencils, and this is beginning to sound like a "wouldn't it be cool if these guys worked on this book" premise. But no, this is a real book that really happened.

To say that I'm looking forward to it is a bit of an understatement, so stay tuned over the next day or two for the review.

No comments:

Post a Comment