Monday, June 8, 2009

Up next...The Avengers!

It's time's like this when I begin to believe in fate more than coincidence.

The randomizer has spoken, and it has chosen The Avengers #138!


So what was it about this issue that has challenged my scientific belief in coincidence over fate!

Out of all of the 12,000+ comics it could have chosen, it picked the very first back-issue I ever bought when I started collecting comics.

I remember it like it was yesterday. My friend at the time had just returned from a vacation in Pennsylvania. He brought back two new obsessions with him. The first one was Iron Man comic books, and the second was albums by the band The Hooters. I obviously took a liking to the comics, but The Hooters...not so much.

Anyway, later that week I went to the comic book store with him and decided to pick up some books of my own. Iron Man seemed relatively cool, but I didn't want to copy so I went with The Avengers since he was in that book as well. I remember buying The Avengers #265 off of the stand, and going back to the back issue bins and finding the oldest one I could afford, which was #138.

It's been years since I've read this issue, so I'm looking forward to this one.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the concept of the blog. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, which is the first for this blog!

    I'm having fun doing it, so hopefully it comes across in the postings.

    ReplyDelete