Monday, June 22, 2009

Up next...Captain Atom!

All right, it's time for a bit of an intervention. The Randomizer has picked two issues in a row featuring Siamese twins, so I'm going to take matters into my own hands to avoid any trouble from the PC Police.

While the Randomizer is in exile for a few days, it's up to me to make the pick. Now I know what you're thinking, how is this going to be random if you pick it out yourself?

Have no fear, as I was recently in an antique shop and they had a stack of beat-up comics on sale for a buck a piece. I closed my eyes and shuffled 'em up and pulled one out of the middle of the stack. That seemed pretty random to me, and the book I pulled out was Captain Atom #85!


As you can tell from the cover, this issue got pretty beat up over the last 31 years. Since I just bought the issue, I obviously have no recollection of what happens in it as I haven't read it yet.

It is, however, filled with characters I'm familiar with as they've been regularly appearing in DC comics since Crisis On Infinite Earths and I'm looking forward to seeing them in their original incarnation.

Read the review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment