Thursday, June 18, 2009

Up next...Dark Horse Presents!

I just got a "Dear John" letter from the randomizer. It's appealing for more freedom to see other people, and has somehow sweetalked my wife into pressing the button for the next selection.

So with a woman's touch...the next book up for review is Dark Horse Presents #58!



I have a big old run of DHP issues, but we are lucky enough to get an issue with an installment of Frank Miller's original Sin City story featuring Marv. The stark black and white style of those stories made a huge impression on me at the time. There are still panels and pages that I can recall with a near photographic memory. There truly was nothing like it at the time.

The other stories in this issue didn't leave much of an impression. I have a vague recollection of Homicide and none whatsoever of Alien Fire.

But before we start reading this issue, I'd be remiss if I didn't thank my wife for helping out today and to implore you to check out her photography for sale over here.

2 comments:

  1. I gotta say good job so far, I could see this lasting a LONG time with its current makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback.

    I haven't done the math yet, but with over 12,000 books it should be a while before I run out of issues to talk about.

    ReplyDelete