Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Random Longbox OYL

So tomorrow marks the one year anniversary of the Random Longbox, and my bold new experiment into finding an interesting way to put my longboxes to good use.

Now I can't speak for all of you out there in Internet-land, but I've been having fun. I can only assume that I've provided some modicum of entertainment over the last twelve months, and I want to thank you all for taking the time out of your day, week, or month to stop and pay my little site a visit.

As much as I enjoy being forced to read whatever random book gets pulled from my longboxes, it's the interaction with you, the readers, that make doing this blog enjoyable day-in and day-out. So thanks again, and while we have another 24 hours or so before we start Year Two here at the Random Longbox, let's take a look at the year that was.

We reviewed a total of 69 books, while a bit off of my preferred pace of two reviews a week, is still pretty respectable. With everything coming full circle, we started and ended the year with Jim Lee.

Superman has been the star so far, with nine picks featuring The Man of Steel. Included in his posts are two of my favorite reviews here and here.

Marvel's Mutants gave it the old college try, but could only tie Superman's record by combining all of their appearances together. Still, there was some good stuff there. The same goes for The Avengers, who really upped the ante in the last two months with three of the last five picks. If you're looking for a favorite out of that lot, it's got to be this one where Hawkeye looks for a new job after being forced from the Avengers.

If you asked me what book I had the most fun reading, hands down it would have to be this one. Let's all crack open a brewski and read it together with Moon Knight.

Some predictions for the next year?

A Peter David issue or two of The Incredible Hulk? Here's hoping.

Will Brian Bendis finally get a little Random Longbox love? It's possible.

Doom Patrol, Doom Patrol...wherefore art thou?

Thor? Iron Man?

The possibilities are plentiful, so join me tomorrow as we embark on year two!

2 comments:

  1. It's a day of birthdays - did you know you shared your anniversary with Bleeding Cool? Gratz on a very enjoyable year of reading, and here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's a nice bit of coincidental timing that I'll always have Rich Johnston to let me know when the Random Longbox turns another year older.

    Thanks for sticking around, reading, and commenting throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete