Monday, April 12, 2010

Odds and sods and Sojourn

It's been a while since we've been through the odds and sods from the last week or so, so lets see what's been bubbling under the surface of comic book fandom.
  • I saw this headline over at The Source...
    BATMAN REDRAWN part 2 — BATMAN AND ROBIN #3-6
    ...and for a split second I thought they were getting Frank Quitely to go back and redraw issues #4-6 himself. A boy can dream, eh?


  • Those Colgate ads running through the recent DC books are still obnoxiously interruptive, but at least they're picking kissing scenes that are more iconic than Justice League Extreme characters and emotionally scarred teenagers.


  • I want to create my own podcast, just so I can pick cool theme music for every review I do!

    If I did, this would probably be my first pick.



Us bloggers lead such a quiet existence.

  • I'm not sure I understand the logic on this one.

    So you have a high profile six issue mini-series coming out with six different artists involved. Grant Morrison's name on the ad...that's a no-brainer. I can also see why you'd want to highlight Andy Kubert on covers as well.

    But why, when you have a different artist handling each issue, do you only put five of their names on the advertisement?

    Who exactly, did Yanik Paquette piss off at DC?

Now that I got all of that off of my chest, let's get to picking the next random book to review. Take it away Randomizer...

...and that book is Sojourn #8 from March 2002, published by CrossGen Comics!

Welcome back to the Random Longbox, CrossGen! We haven't taken a look at one of their books since last June. In fact, the review we did of Ruse was only the fourth book we pulled for review on this blog.

I'm looking forward to this one, as I have fond memories of this title. Out of all of the CrossGen titles that got unceremoniously cancelled, this is the one that I wish had found a second life with a different publisher. We ended up getting 35 issues, but really only scratched the surface in the world that Ron Marz and Greg Land had created.

See you in a day or two for the review.

No comments:

Post a Comment