Thursday, February 11, 2010

Odds and sods, with Superman on a roll

  • Every one else is having their fun, so why not me?

    You can't begin to guess how excited I am in the prospect of reading The Avengers again.


  • Something else I'm looking forward to reading? Take a gander at the just released cover for Brightest Day #2...

    Am I actually equally excited about reading an Aquaman book as I am about the return of one of my beloved characters?

    By that standard, Blackest Night has been a runaway success.

    I was also underwhelmed initially with the David Finch exclusive, but I gotta say, if this is the quality of work he's going to be churning out I'm pleasantly surprised.
So enough about what I'm looking forward to reading, how about what I'm due to read immediately? It's time to pick the next completely random book to review, so take it away Randomizer...

...and that book is Superman #356 from February 1981, published by DC Comics!

Hey everyone, look! It's Vartox!

Those of you saying "Vartox who?" need to go back to your local comic book store and pick up Power Girl #7 and 8. Any comic book store worth their salt will still have a couple of issues available because this series is fantastic and deserves to be well stocked and well read.

So this is a pre-crisis appearance of Vartox, where...and I know this is going to sound silly...but that costume was meant to be taken seriously!

Hats off to Rich Buckler, who actually makes it look a little less "jazz hands-tastic" and more "don't even think about questioning my choice of hot pants, fool!"

See you in a day or two for the review.

No comments:

Post a Comment