Sunday, January 23, 2011

Mrs. Random Longbox meets the King of Atlantis

A while back Mrs. Random Longbox, who happens to be a fine art photographer in her secret identity, was commissioned to take some photos. One of her specialties is taking pictures of old (and sometimes forgotten) toys, imbuing them with character and giving them a chance to come to life again.

So during the recent hectic summer festival season, my wife was approached by a fan who wondered if she could do the same for a favorite toy of hers, one filled with sentimental meaning. Never one to let a good challenge go to waste, she agreed and anxiously awaited the toy's arrival in the mail.

So what was that toy, and why does it warrant a blog posting all its own here? Take a look...

I don't know what's cooler...the fact that my wife was commissioned out of the blue to take pictures of an Aquaman action figure, or that she got such awesome pictures out of it.

Here was my favorite of the bunch...

While the wife liked this one...

Not to be outdone, here was my four year old son's contribution...

If you enjoyed this peek into my wife's portfolio and are curious to see more, or are looking to add some fine art into your life, click here and be sure to tell her that some crazy comic book blogger sent you.

And speaking of said blogger, it's been a week so let's get to picking the next random book to review. Take it away Randomizer...

...and that book is Doctor Strange #2 from August 1974, published by Marvel Comics!

It's actually been almost a year and a half since we last go to read an issue from Doc's first series. It also has an appearance from one of my new favorite super teams, The Defenders. I haven't re-read this issue since I've discovered my fascination with the Defenders, so I'm looking forward to reading it again.

Plus, it's got some glorious Frank Brunner art. It's been over thirty years, but his rendition of Doctor Strange definitely ranks in the top three.

See you in a day or two for the review.

No comments:

Post a Comment