Monday, December 27, 2010

Post Christmas catch-up

I hope everyone out there in internetland had a great "whatever you choose to celebrate" day! Things in the Random Longbox household were as close to perfect as you can get. Basically, any Christmas day from here on out where my basement doesn't flood is going to be a perfect Christmas. Not even getting one of these could put a damper on the holidays...

Here's a free holiday tip. Never take the initiative and point out something that people shouldn't get you for Christmas as, more often than not, it'll end up under your tree. And no, that isn't me in the pic. I'll still use it, don't get me wrong, I'm just not going to post any pics about it (at least not without a few more spiked egg-nogs).

Something that was similar to last year was that my local comic book shop was again having their Christmas Party Extravaganza. For ten bucks, you could buy a mystery box of twenty comic books. Randomly interspersed within the hundred or so boxes was a nice selection of key books including Amazing Spider-Man #300 and a bunch of first appearances from the Bronze Age including Moon Knight, Spider-Woman, and Morbius.

Like last year, I bought two boxes; but unlike last year, I didn't get lucky this time. No key books, but included among the 90's overstock were half a dozen fun bronze age books featuring Captain Marvel, Liberty Legion, and a few others that look like they'll be fun to read.

Since it's also time to pick another random book to review, we'll do the same thing we did last year and pick it from within the forty books that I got in my two mystery boxes. Take it away Randomizer...

...and that book is Marvel Premiere #27 from December 1975, published by Marvel Comics! This particular issue contains a story featuring Satana, The Devil's Daughter!

As far as I know, I've never read a story featuring Satana and I know next to nothing about her (other than she's apparently the daughter of the devil). Another thing I know nothing about? The art credit on this book is given to "The Tribe". I've never come across them/it before. Is this a studio job? Or some sort of Alan Smithee situation? Maybe some kind reader will shed some light on the situation while I work on the review. See you in a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment