Friday, December 17, 2010

Of rested and resurrected men

As of about six hours ago, I did something I've never done before. My day job went through a few twists and turns this past year, which kept me on my toes more often than not. As a downside, I never got around to being able to take many vacation days. On the upside, I have more vacation days banked that I have to use than I have days left in the year to use them.

So today was my last "official" work day of 2010. I used the air quotes, for when you work in sales you never know when an opportunity is going to hit that you need to act on. I don't think I've ever taken more than a week off at any one time, so this is uncharted territory I'm heading into.

I'm also curious to see how this affects the blog. Will the life of leisure allow me to post everyday, or will I be too busy sleeping in to bother? We'll find out soon, I suppose.

We also have the holidays to deal with, and my annual Magic The Gathering four-way tournament next week. Back in the late 90's, I had a twice weekly Magic habit. Nowadays, it's once a year if I'm lucky.

Enough speculation about the future, let's talk about the hear and now and get with picking the next random book to review. Take it away Randomizer...

...and that book is Resurrection Man #25 from June 1999, published by DC Comics!

It looks like its time for another well-remembered series from the 90's that I haven't re-read since its original release. I've blogged about my admiration for Jackson "Butch" Guice in the past, and he was the main reason that I collected this title originally.

It's a bit of a novelty title, with the Resurrection Man gaining new powers every time he dies and is resurrected. It's essentially a one-trick pony series, with a serious deus ex machina potential, but I do remember enjoying it more often than not.

The other thing it had going for it, was that it was written by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning. These two just polished off their cosmic magnum opus over at Marvel, and are now staking their claim to back alleys of New York City with Heroes For Hire.

Resurrection Man is decidedly closer to a street level title than a cosmic one, so it should be interesting to read some of their work from ten tears ago. See you in a day or two for the review.

No comments:

Post a Comment