Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Up next...Asylum!

I better check in this week while my schedule allows, or it's going to be really lonely here at the Random Longbox corporate headquarters. My secret identity has taken me out of the state for the week, so my blogging has been limited.

On the plus side, I'm smack dab in the middle of Raging Bullets territory, but so far Sean and Jim have managed to elude me. Although, with their four plus hour long podcasts, I imagine they don't see the light of day too much.

It's Wednesday, so let's check in for another episode of Comic Book Days of Wednesday's Past! The Randomizer is fired up and ready to go, and our first stop is 1959! So what were the kids reading fifty-one years ago this month?

It was Journey Into Mystery #51!

Although the only mystery I see here is why a robot on a rampage needs smaller robots to bring the humans to him. I think that has to take the cake as the laziest rampage on record.

Let's fire up the Randomizer to another year and get out of here before he comes after us. Our next stop is 1982. It's twenty-three years later, so let's see if that lazy rampaging robot has caught up to anyone yet.

Yikes! It's not robots rampaging across the cover of Green Lantern #150, it was...purple lanterns? shooting black death rays?

Hmmmm....Hal Jordan leading a group of different colored lanterns...now where have I heard of that before?

I'm sure I'll think of it sooner or later. In the meantime it's time to figure out what the next random review will be, so take it away Randomizer...

...and that book is Asylum #2 from 1993, published by Millenium Publications!

Aside from the suitably creepy cover by John Bolton, this book stands out in my memory as having a story by Neil Gaiman! I don't remember anything about the actual story at this point, but I do vividly remember buying this off the shelf after spying Gaiman's name on the cover.

More than any other creator, I owe my continued interest in comic books to Neil, as his Sandman run reinvigorated my love for comic books after briefly falling out of the loop.

I'm looking forward to this one, so join me in a day or two for the review!

No comments:

Post a Comment