Saturday, August 28, 2010

I didn't need another excuse to read a comic book, but I'll take it.

So if you believe everything the internet tells you, today is apparently the first annual Read Comics In Public Day. It's the brainchild of Brian Heater and Sarah Morean, and it's nothing more complicated than taking to the streets and reading your comic books loud and proud.

I've never been shy about reading my funny books in public, so this was a no-brainer for me. I'm actually working for the wife this weekend at the People's Art Festival in Detroit, but I did manage to sneak away for a moment or two to help the cause.

Even Mrs. Random Longbox found the time to enjoy one of her favorite books.

So now that you know what today is, what are you still doing reading this blog? Get up and head out into public with a stack of comics in tow!

As for me, it's back to work. I don't want the boss to see me slacking any more than I have already. I will, however, be back soon to announce the next random book to review (but the eagle-eyed readers out there among you probably already know what that book is).

No comments:

Post a Comment